Sunday, July 29, 2012

Bandeau Bikini Top

Who doesn't love finding an adorable bathing suit top? Well, most of the time, for me, that's a problem. I found this idea from Holdensmaaa on etsy.com, who sells these similar bandeaus for $18. Since her items are so popular, I had trouble getting one of my own in time before they sold out. So, I figured this design could be figured out if I had some type of bathing suit fabric of my own, and it turns out, I was able to create my very own contrasted colored bandeau bikini top. I'm in love!


[modeled by my best friend, Alexis :)]


I know I said I was going to be posting a tutorial for my other bandeau post, but it always slips my mind to take pictures of the steps you would have to take to make one once I'm in the process, so I'll just have to make some more, so I can show everyone how to make their own! Thinking about perfecting these and possibly selling them...? Just a thought.. 

4 comments:

  1. How much fabric did you need for each color?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually used too much, but buying just one yard of each color was plenty. It made two bathing suits. It really just depends on your sizes for how much fabric you will need to cover everything!

      Delete
  2. What fabric did you use, and where did you get it?? Luv the idea!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have step by step written instructions?

    ReplyDelete